Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fwd: Decreasing computers



- Dr. Gary Ackerman


Begin forwarded message:

From: Gary <gary@hackscience.net>
Date: May 17, 2012 9:23:24 AM EDT
To: "gary.hackscience.net@gmail.com" <gary.hackscience.net@gmail.com>
Subject: Decreasing computers

I just came to an interesting realization. I have fewer computers in my house today than I have in years. It was only a year ago that I put a computer in the garage so that I could post stuff on eBay. Since then the computer died, and so did my laptop... and both have been replaced with an iPad I inherited from my son and the iPhone I got for a gift. In the winter a PC died and replaced with a miniMac... and it gets lots of use, but mainly to fine tune what is begun on other devices.

I guess the predictions of decreased importance of traditional desktops and laptops and the increased convergence of functions into single devices is coming true in my case!

- Dr. Gary Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment