Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Biggest Cost of Facebook's Growth

Here is some math for you and your students-- the numbers in thus article are astounding. To me the most impressive is that FaceBook uses 30,000 servers and is expecting to double that! Also that it costs them $1 per user per month; I can't imagine I generate $1 per month from my FB account. Maybe I am just not aware of how they make money by my account.

I thought you might be interested in the following story on TechnologyReview.com:

"The Biggest Cost of Facebook's Growth"
Running the world's largest social network will be a technical and financial challenge as it grows.

http://www.technologyreview.com/read_article.aspx?id=40420&a=f

To view this story, click the link above or paste it into your browser.


- Dr. Gary Ackerman

No comments:

Post a Comment